pinterest-site-verification=7632437f131006af9d13c59cf421ccc5 Anglo-Nigerian DB Timi Oke brings pace and skill to football in the North West

Anglo-Nigerian DB Timi Oke brings pace and skill to football in the North West

 

 Anglo-Nigerian DB Timi Oke brings pace and skill to football in the North West











The Northwestern Wildcats have signed Anglo-Nigerian NFL Academy defender Timi Oke, once a promising right-back who played a different style of football and has attracted interest from Brighton & Hove Albion

Oke, who attended the Whitgift School, which produced Bayern Munich's Jamal Mustala and Nottingham Forest's Callum Hudson-Odoi, realized that while he had the potential to become a good soccer player, his true talent lay in American soccer

The NFL Academy made him a defensive back - coincidentally the American football equivalent that is closest to his position as a right guarding football attention at several schools with an impressive 4.38-second 40-yard dash, including UConn among his eight offers. However, the 19-year-old scientist believes he will receive the best education at Northwestel




Oke told ESPN: “I am what I call the definition of a student-athlete. I have a high grade point average  4.0  and play American football. I really wanted to find a school where I could have the best of both worlds.I didn't want to waste my college career and thought Northwestern was the perfect school for it

“They play in the Big Ten  football’s Power Five conference  and are one of the top college schools in the country
“I thought it was clear for me because obviously my big goal is to get to the NFL and be one of the best players in the world. That is my ultimate goal, but I also want to get a good degree from a good school.” . I can do both Ianthe Northwest, so I thought it 

made sense to go there
Oke plans to study Asian languages ​​and cultural studies as well as finance with the goal of running his own hedge fund. In addition to English, he already speaks Spanish and Chinese. His conscious approach to life served him well in football, as he had to learn a new sport well enough to be recruited by a Division I college within a year.

“I feel like without my academic skills I wouldn't have been able to get into this sport so quickly because when I started playing the sport, I realized one thing: there's a lot of class time that people don't know about know that”  OK, he said.








“You learn the arts. Learning the rules is very important: if you don't know the rules, you won't play. I was able to sit down, read the manual and memorize everything very quickly

“I was able to get back into the game and catch up very quickly as that was my main goal when I joined the academy. I definitely Football career

It's not just Oke's talents off the field that have helped him adapt to his new sport. When he began playing American football, he
transferred his tactical awareness to soccer, where he held a

position with similar responsibilities
“I was a full-back, I was a right-back.
I was a very athletic right-back who played up and down the pitch. "I was very good at that position...It helped me learn the sport pretty quickly
being able to play a position that was mirrored in another sport helped me learn things quicker,” Oke said , who remains a 

passionate Arsenal fan







“It's a little bit similar - not very similar at all - but pretty similar in terms of the athleticism, what you do, the footwork and everything. This helped me master the game very quickly. Believe that strong academic skills helped me in my research.
Previous Post Next Post

OFFER1

OFFER2